Undergraduate French Minor Hidden
A new curriculum for the French minor is in effect as of Fall 2016. Students interested in minoring in French should follow this curriculum. If you have taken FR 205 and/or FR 207 and/or FR 213, but not any other French course with a 200-level rubric or higher, you should follow this new curriculum.
Students who have taken FR 208, FR 209, and/or FR 210 before Fall 2016 should complete the "old" minor (see below).
New Requirements as of Fall 2016: 20 hours of course work distributed as outlined below:
- FR 207: Writing and Grammar Workshop (3)
- FR 211: Introduction to Literary Studies (3)
- FR 212: Introduction to Cultural Analysis (3)
Select one of the following: (2)
- FR 205: Oral French
- FR 213: French Phonetics
Select one of the following: (3)
- FR 335: French Cultural History to 1789
- FR 336: French Cultural History 1789-1968
- FR 337: Contemporary France
- Two courses at the 300 or 400 level in any of the following: French language and tanslation, business, cinema, culture, linguistics, literature and media.(6)