Monthly Departmental Newsletter
Monthly French Newsletter
October 28, 2010
Pause Café at Espresso Royale, (Oregon and Goodwin) 5:30pm, Thursdays. All are welcome!
Accomplishments of Graduate Students in French 2005-2010
Thirteen students have graduated with a Ph.D. in French Studies, SLATE or Linguistics since summer 2005. With these graduates, current students form a cohort of 45 M.A. and doctoral students, all levels combined.
- students placed in an academic positions: 100% (including such institutions as Indiana U, the U of Tennessee, and Purdue U)
- students placed in tenure-track positions: 85% (11 out of 13 Ph.D.s are now working in tenure-track positions; the remaining two found visiting assistant professorships)
- presentations at regional, national, and international conferences: 65
- number of fellowships: 35 (8 University or College fellowships; 7 fellowships from the School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics; 20 departmental fellowships)
- number of publications: 31 (16 articles in scholarly journals; 15 reviews)
- Graduate College travel grants: 14
These are stellar numbers of which we all can be proud. Good job!
Please contact Nathan Owens at email@example.com by noon Wednesday if you have news you would like mentioned in next week’s newsletter. Please ensure that submitted items are print ready.
If you would like to sign up to receive an e-mail alert when new editions of the newsletter are published,click here.